I've been living without cable for most of the past 4 years, and in the past 2 weeks I have seen some great moments in sports. I normally don't even like watching sports but these were so cool that I had to enjoy them.
First was a documentary on a High School wrestling team that had not lost a team head-to-head match in 34 years. The one year that they decide to make a documentary the team lost a match.
The other was just on TV. Every 4th of July there is a Nathan's Famous Hot dog Eating Championship. This is the event that made competitive eating famous. In order to make it a more safe and healthy event they reduced the time from 12 to 10 minutes. It was 6 time champion Kobayashi vs the American who upset him last year Chestnut. In 10 minutes they both ate 59 hot dogs... a tie! How can this be???
So it goes to a 5 dog eat off (thus negating the 10 minute health warning).
Chestnut wins by a dog and America keeps the mustard yellow belt!
Friday, July 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What about the 4.5 hr Wimbeldon Final that went to 5 sets, making it the longest Wimbeldon final and one heck of a great match?
Get ready for some more great moments in sports as the Olympics are on the verge or rearing their pretty face right around the corner!
Later bud-nick :)
Post a Comment